On the Twelfth Day of Christmas:
Make a resolution to make budget all 12 months of 2014.
You can increase your chances of completing your budgeting by doing some planning.
- If you haven’t already, look at each of your accounts, and using historical data, promotions and programs you have upcoming, project what each account will do each month of 2014.
- Make notes about what you plan to present to your clients, and be sure to give yourself steps to accomplish your plans.
- Know that some of your accounts will disappoint you, but that you will also prospect to develop new business each month not only to replace what is lost, but to grow.
- Use your CRM to prioritize your accounts, then make a plan to grow your top accounts and get your other accounts that spent in 2013 set up to buy with minimal work from you when their needs arise.
- Work on your relationships and be sure your contacts are up-to-date.
- Vow to work smarter in 2014 by using all of the technology available to you to make next year the best yet!
To all who celebrate Christmas, may you enjoy spending time with family and getting ready for a wonderful New Year. Merry Christmas, everyone!
And to top off the 12 days:
Begin working on your collections before the eleventh hour.
And, update ten of your contacts each week.
And, develop plans to move your nine target accounts through the sales funnel.
And, discover and focus on eight non-returning accounts.
And, when answering avails, make sure your rates expire within seven days.
And, come up with six good ideas for your clients.
Make five new business calls each week.
And, you may have four budgets to hit, so be sure you are paying attention to all of them.
And, find three reports you can use to help you be accountable and develop sales, and visit them frequently.
And, if two (or more) people call on an account in your organization, work together and share information.
And, promise yourself that you will have fantastic and productive one-on-ones forever more.
By Kitty Malone, Efficio Solutions Manager of Client Services